Thursday, March 22, 2007

New DVD Player - Oppo DV-970HD

Okay, so I have an HD TV, 30" only but I like it. And I have loads of movies in DVD format. I'm not plunking down $500 any time soon for an HD-DVD player or a Blu-Ray, seeing as I don't know which one will come out ahead. And I'm certainly not paying $1000 for the LG player that does both. That is where this Oppo DV-970HD comes in to play. It's an upscaling DVD that makes my DVD's look better than they did before (they can't ever look HD quality, but they look really good). It will also play Xvid and Divx Files I've burned directly to a DVD or CD, as well as Super Audio CD's (SACD) and Audio DVD's. It even comes with an HDMI cable included. It's awesome!
I know that there are DVD players out there that will play Divx for $60 or less, but they won't do upscaling and they don't play all the codecs that I've thrown at this puppy so well! Honestly, for $149 I am so happy I can't even tell you!

Check it out here.

No comments: